Meet with us to discuss your ideas, plans, rough budget
We create a preliminary budget based on discussions
Second meeting to review preliminary budget
You then decide to proceed or scale back plans
- Enter into a pre-construction design contract with Reid Developments to help keep you on time and more importantly on budget!
- Arrange preliminary meetings for you with desired Architect(s) or designer(s) to align you with like-minded professionals while keeping everyone on the same page.
- Architect/Designer is chosen, great! Reid Developments, yourself and the Architect/Designer will work collaboratively to design your new home or renovation of your dreams.
- Once final design is approved by yourself, the Architect/Designer will work on permit submission with the municipality. Know that this involves hiring other professionals (geotechnical engineers, structural engineers, envelope consultants, etc) as per city or municipality requirements.
- Once construction drawings are submitted for permit, Reid Developments reviews the drawings and completes a detailed budget for construction.
- Upon client approval of the budget, the client and Reid Developments enter into a construction contract.
- Once permits are approved by the city/municipality, we start the construction process.
THINGS TO EXPECT:
- Time delays for city/municipality review of proposed plans (some municipalities are slower than others, check with us for updated timelines in your area)
- Lots of client input for what designs/styles you prefer or would like to create OR we can collaborate with a Designer to help with this process.
- Input from Reid Developments on costs related to designs/style
- Once build/renovation is started, a two-week billing cycle for the duration of the project.
OUR PROCESS – DRILLED DOWN
- Involvement – from Reid Developments from design phase through to final completion
- Budgets – provided at various stages (design, permit submission and final approval)
- Insurance – We provide full WCB coverage on all on our trades and staff, $5 million in liability insurance and with a new home build, the full 2-5-10 year warranty through Pacific Home Warranty.
- Reid Developments staff – We are on site to ensure proper adherence to safety while also ensuring correct building processes and plans are followed.
- Availability – To discuss your project directly with Mike Reid (Owner) as we only do a limited number of large projects per year
- Quality – We are true craftsmen and love to see our projects 5, 10 and 15 years down the road, looking as good as the day it was finished.
- Detail – Keeping wiring, plumbing and mechanical rooms neat and organized ensures that down the road you won’t have problems with access or maintenance.
- Site cleanliness – Daily site clean up and organization of building materials, etc, ensures site safety and less aggravation to your neighbours.